An account of the world around me; my family, friends, and the adventures we have together(hopefully)!

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Bubble Bath,Popcorn and Twinkle Star!


Bubble Bath!

Last Sunday morning as Cameron ate his breakfast I cut out a few little things for primary. When I got him down I told him that as soon as I was finished I would give him a bath. He loves baths so he was really excited. I forgot to mention that the day before I bought him a large bottle of bubble bath and showed it to him (first mistake) As I continued to sit at eh kitchen table cutting things out It got quiet, usually a bad sign but I thought to myself I just need to finish really quick (second mistake). Seconds latter Cameron comes walking into the kitchen with the bubble bath bottle opened upside down saying "Bubbles All Gone!" Trying not to overreact and hopping that they went down the drain of the tub I asked Cameron where are the bubbles, and he turned to walk down the hall and we reached the bath room he didn't stop instead he pointed to the large spot on the carpet, and said "right there", "Oh! My Gosh" I exclaimed, soon to be repeated as he pointed to my boot sitting on the floor full of liquid, and then again on some paper work I had piled up next to my primary bag. I was not happy at all but I did pretty good at keeping my calm. I told him that what he did was wrong and that now he didn't have any bubbles for his bath, that did it he started to cry and said "bubbles pleeeese" I explained again why he wouldn't have any bubbles and took him to the tub. I thought wow he'll never do that again he learned his lesson. As I turned on the water and stripped him down he looked into the tub Happily and said BUBBLES! I turned to look, and to my dismay he did get some bubble bath into the tub. Lesson NOT Learned!


POPCORN!

This Wednesday afternoon Cameron and I popped some popcorn and sat on the couch to watch Monsters Inc. (for the 3rd time this week). As we watched and ate I looked over to see him playing with his nose, the conversation went a little something like this.


M- What are you doing?
C- Nose!
M- What?
C- Popcorn Nose!
M- WHAT!!!!
I then tried to look in his nose to see and as he squirmed away I confirmed that he had indeed shoved an un-popped kernel up his nose. After a little wrestling and trying not to freak out, I sat him on the bathroom counter, pinched the other nostril shut and had him blow. Luckily, it worked and, as the kernel flew from his nose hit the mirror and landed in the sink, all I could think of was hearing a story about my cousin (you know who you are) shoving pieces of sponge curler up her nose and it wasn't until a a while later when they couldn't figure out why she stunk so bad that they take her to the doctor and realized what happened. I guess it could be worse huh!



Twinkle Star!

The little things that mean sooo much!
The other night Cameron woke up crying at about 12:30 a.m. Kevin when in to comfort him and all he did was cry for mommy, so of course I went to see what was wrong. When I took him from Kevin, he lay his head on my shoulder and said "Mommy sit Cameron bed", I obliged and sat rocking him for a minute before he said "Twinkle Star?" as my eyes filled with tears, I sang the song. After a few more requests and a sweet little "good night mommy" I lay him down and went to bed. Its times like this that make me realize how important I am to that little guy, I love him so much words can never express, I am so grateful for these sweet little moments, and that heavenly father has trusted ME to be his Mommy!

6 comments:

Amber said...

Ha ha ha!! When I was little I stuck a dried bean up my nose. Same as your friends- when my breath really started to stink my mom took me to the doctor and discovered my science project.

The bubble bath thing- YIKES!! How did you get it all out of everything- by the way did he dump it in your cute brown boots? I want to know where you got them! The tall ones you wore to church. :)

Good to get all these things documented for future remembering.

Allie said...

I have had a bunch of bubble bath poured on our floor too, it never really cleaned up well...you would think bubble bath would have made a clean spot?!?! Yeah, I have no luck with boots...i like your brown ones too. I have some black "hooker" boots, but they keep falling down?!?

Im dying laughing about the popcorn. So glad you got it out...but your story about your cousin, im still laughing....

Cameron wanting you to sing is such a sweet moment that reminds us why we love them so much back...im sure you would have sung half the night to him to make him happy...*but then there are other nights where you think ya sure...let me go to the bathroom first...then never come back...hum, that may be just me though....*

Beckey said...

What a great post! My bother stuck a piece of corn (just one kernel) up his nose and my mom ended up taking him to a walk in clinic because she couldn't get it out!

The bubble bath story...I just feel bad for your carpet, I've had soap stains on my carpet before and they attract dirt like crazy! So hopefully you got it all out!

You are so sweet and patient for the last story. I am so weird when I sleep I get really cranky when I get woken up! But kids just are so sweet that if my kids asked me to sing I probably still would have...grudgingly!

It's good to keep in contact with you!

Melisa said...

Well, I think I managed to save everything except for the boots. Oh and I got the brown boots at Target last year, but I think I saw them again this year (I love that store). And Alli, No I think we all have those nights too, sometimes Kevin and I just
pretend to be asleep as long as possible to see who will give in first(usually me), Or we will just rock, paper, scissors it.

Anonymous said...

Just want you to know that you of course "never" did any thing like that! Of course, hearing that half the neighbor kids had done some of these things had a tendency to scare you off. At least I think that's what did it! Ha, ahhh the perks of being a mom! Love ya, mom

The Allen Adventures said...

I have heard that story before about the curler being stuck up the nose, I thought my mom made it up though to make sure that I didn't do it. Ha too funny. Great post.