An account of the world around me; my family, friends, and the adventures we have together(hopefully)!

Friday, March 14, 2008

Our California Adventures

Kevin had a Conference in L.A. this past week so we thought we would take advantage and spend some family time at Disney Land and Newport Beach before it started on Wednesday. We flew in on Sat evening just in time to see fireworks from Disneyland as we arrived at our Hotel. Sunday we went to Sacrament at a local ward in which they refer to themselves as the Disneyland ward because of all the visitors. Sunday evening we made our way to Newport Beach just in time for the sunset (so beautiful). It was cold but Cameron had fun running from the waves and playing in the sand. Monday was the big day we arrived at the happiest place on earth about an hour before it opened to beat the huge crowed and so did everyone else. We spent Monday Tues and Wed. at Disneyland and had a blast riding rides taking pictures with c all the characters and watching Cameron's reaction to all the excitement. On Wednesday evening we made our way to L.A. so Kevin could attend his conference we stayed at one of the oldest and most beautiful Hotels in L.A. (pres. Kennedy stayed there when in town). Cameron and I spent the rest of the week at the Zoo and wondering around downtown L.A. and swimming in the hotel pool. All in all it was a great trip we are happy to be home but can't wait to go back, Cameron asks most everyday "We go to Disneys Land Today?"







.

8 comments:

Natalie said...

I am so jealous! What a fun vacation!! You'll have to tell me all about it on Friday.

Beckey said...

I wish we could go on a Disney trip! Disney World is closer to us, maybe this summer we'll have to go on a road trip! Glad you had fun, your pictures are great!

Elisa and Tyler said...

Lucky you guys! It looks like you guys had a good time! Your litlle boy is so cute!

roseanne said...

I am jealous too! I want to go so bad. I haven't been there since 1996! Sad huh! Everytime the family wants to go I'm either prego or just had a baby. You pictures are sooo cute!

Allie said...

looks like you had a lot of fun! good to have you home!

Lynell said...

I am so jealous. Just the thought of being at the beach gets me all excited. You know I grew up about 30 minutes from Disneyland. That is so awesome that you were all able to go together. What great memories and I love the pictures.

CJensen said...

Thanks for stopping by my Blog!

YOur trip sounds like so much fun! I love Disney Land and the beach..so much fun! Isn't it fun to watch your child enjoy the whole experience? Glad you had a fun trip!!

Ash and Casey Woodyatt said...

Sounds like you had lots of fun. I hear ya when you say you were glad to be home. I felt the same way. I still would like you blog address to link it to my blog. Hope to hear from you soon.