An account of the world around me; my family, friends, and the adventures we have together(hopefully)!

Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Story I've been Dying to Post

On October 9th exactly one Month ago yesterday Kevin was sitting in the office of his friend Kris talking with him and a few other guys. Kris started to tell them about a co-worker that was having a hard time because her step-son and daughter in-law had decided that they could no longer give their little 15 month old daughter the care that she needed, and that they wanted to place her for adoption. Kevin told him that we had been waiting to adopt for quite a while now and that if they were serious we may be interested. The next morning Kevin casually tells me the story (we never really get our hopes up when we hear stories like this) I didn't really think much of it until about half an hour later when Kevin got a text message on his phone with a picture of this little cutie.

We immediately called Cindi Kevin's co-worker and the Grandma of Gracie. After speaking with her for quite a while, and learning that the parents were truly serious about placing Grace we took some time (maybe 30 min) and prayed and discussed our options. Because of the strange circumstances Cindi (the grandma) asked us if we would be willing to take Gracie for the next week while she (Cindi) was out of town (She didn't want the parents to make any rash decisions with gracie). We gladly accepted and met her on Sunday evening Oct. 12th at 5:00. Gracie has been in our home ever since.


On Saturday the 25th of October we received a phone call from Danielle (Gracie's mom) and she asked us if we would want to take Wyatt her 2 month old son also. Her and her husband realized that they didn't have the ability to care for him either. Kevin and I both knew right away that he should be in our home with his sister. We met Wyatt the next day on Sunday the 26th at 6:00.



Things have not gone completely smooth but today at 1:30 the birth parents signed to terminate their parental rights. We have to wait 6 months until finalization but unless the state deems us as unfit parents these Kids are OURS.

As of now we are all still adjusting to the changes, but all in all things are going well considering our number of children just tripled. Kevin and I would like to thank the Lord and all those who have prayed for us.

27 comments:

Natalie said...

This is the post I've been dying to read! I am so extremely happy for you (along with everyone I've talked to). Grace and Wyatt will be so blessed to have you as their parents!! Love you!!

Kathryn-nannygoat said...

SO WONDERFUL!!! I'm so excited for you and for those kids, they will be well loved in your home. What a blessing for all of you.
Congratulations and welcome to the 3 kids club (it's pretty overwhelming at times but worth all the craziness). :)

Ash and Casey Woodyatt said...

oh my gosh! I am SOOOOO HAPPY for you guys. I hope everything goes well. Those beautiful children need wondeful parents like you. They could not ask for more. Well I hope all goes well these next six months. CONGRATULATIONS!

Beckey said...

I just got so choked up reading this! They are both so beautiful, congratulations to all of you!

Katie Voorhees said...

Yeah Larsens! I am so glad that they signed! I know how hard the adoption road can go, so congrats! You and Kevin are great for these kids, and they fit right in. I am so excited for you!

CJensen said...

This is so wonderful! What beautiful children you have!

Jill said...

Oh My Goodness!!!! That is so wonderful and amazing!!! Look at what a beautiful family you all make!! I'm so very happy for you. This is such exciting news. I hadn't heard anything about it. What amazing parents you are to take this on so fast. We are coming at Christmas and I hope to meet these two beautiful new children. Again I am reminded by your story that our Heavenly Father does have a plan for each of us. Love you guys!!!

Jasmine said...

Hey guys! It's Jasmine, you know, Matt's Roberts wife! LOL! Funny how I ran across your blog. We received the email that Ryan Ray sent out about you guys finally being able to adopt. We didn't know the circumstances, but WOW! What a HUGE blessing for both of you. Meaning you guys, and the children both. I am so happy and glad your prayers have been answered. You two are great and wonderful people!!

roseanne said...

Oh my goodness! I am so excited for you, these children are beautiful!!!! What an amazing blessing!

Amateur Steph said...

That just makes me so happy for you!
Good luck with the tripling of children.

steve and lisa said...

Congrats!! What a journey you have been on & will continue to be on forever!!! What fun, but CRAZY times for you & your THREE kids! I bet your son is LOVING it!! So much action & NOISE in your loving home now!!! What fun!! I am so excited for you guys! Miss you! Lisa

Elisa and Tyler said...

Oh my gosh! I am so excited for you guys! They are so beautiful and they are so lucky to have such great parents! Congratulations are your family!

Stacie said...

I'm so happy for you guys! They are adorable! I can't wait to meet them. Congratulations you guys! We love ya!

the goode family said...

WOW!!! Melissa we are all so excited for you. Ashley Woodyatt came and told a bunch of us at work..and we all were choking up and crying for you. Congratulations!! Best of luck. they are beautiful! you need to bring them in!

allredclan said...

I'm soooooo glad you have Gracie and Wyatt! They are so blessed to have you as parents. I can't imagine going from 1 to 3 kids like that, but I know you will be able to handle it and love it. They are beautiful and we are so happy for you!

Mandy said...

Melisa I am so happy for you guys. I cannot wait to meet these cute kids. You should come show off one day or something. I love the story. I am just so happy they have signed the papers. Oh I love you guys. I can't wait to see you guys!!! Cute pictures too. How is Cameron doing with these changes?

Josh and Cara said...

Larsen's!! Congratulations! We've been checking your blog everyday, hoping and waiting for this! Wow! What a blessing. We know these kids will be raised in a wonderful home with lots of love! You guys are great! We love you! We want to come visit you but will wait till things slow down! Let us know!

Amanda said...

I'm crying! SO AWESOME! Those are some VERY lucky kids! Can't wait to meet them. All our love!

J said...

Congratulations doesn't quite feel adequate in a situation like this! I'm so happy and excited for you! I got all teary eyed at work while I was reading your story (even though I already knew the wonderful news) and I'm so excited to meet these kiddos and welcome them to the family! I love you guys!

Anonymous said...

A huge congratulations!!!! What a beatiful family!

Lynell said...

Amazing! That is quite a story. Those kids sure are lucky to be in your home. We are so happy for you.

Lonica wants to know when we get to babysit?

gmag1212 said...

Larsens! I am so happy for all of you. I have been waiting to see this post and talking to your sister Heather about every other day. This is the greatest thing I have heard in a long time and please know these kids are very lucky to have you as parents.

Allie said...

I am so happy for you guys!! You are great parents, and they are lucky to have you!!
You look so happy!! Im thrilled!!

Kathy said...

Kevin & Melisa, reading your story gave me the chills along with a few tears. I am so excited for your little family. I think the world of both of you and are so happy to see how the Lord has blessed you. I'm sure the jump from 1 to 3 kids in a week has been crazy. What an exciting time for you. Best wishes!!
Kathy

The Allen Adventures said...

Matt and I are so happy for you guys. Congrats on expanding your beautiful little fam. We had been praying for you guys that everything will work out with this so we are very excited for you!

McKenzie Ann said...

I am so excited for you guys. I also am excited for those kids. They will be so lucky to have to guys. I can't even imagine how much of a difference you will make in their lives. Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow.

Bunch'a'Butt-lers said...

WOW I am in shock this is so wonderful for you, im just amazed though that parents could just give up their children like that. I was so in love with McKenzie since the moment I found out i was prego! good luck!